Edit video using blender
Blender is not only a 3D application, it can be use to edit video.
We are going to learn how to do a simple edit.
Setup the interface
We need to setup blender interface.
The easiest way is to download a ready-to-use session and make it the default session.
- Download this file : http://vse.madnerd.org
- Click on minimal_vse.blend
- Save the session as default : CTRL-U puis ENTER
When you restart blender, the interface will stay on Video Editing
Let's take a look at the interface.
- At the top, We can see the video preview
- At the bottom, We can see the sequence editor
- At the right, We can see the properties of our project
Add a video sequence
- Dark blue : Video
- Cyan : Audio
Play the video
- Key ALT-A : Play the video
- Key P : Set preview zone
Cut a sequence
- Right Click : Select the sequence
- Left Click : Move the green bar
- Key K : Cut the sequence
Move a sequence
- Right Click : Select a sequence
- Key G : Move the selected sequence
- Key B : Select multiple sequences
Save your movie
Once, you have edit your video, You will have to render it.
Before this, save your project (File/Save As at the top).
You should saved the .blend file in the same folder than the videos.
Set the duration
- With the green bar move at the beginning / end of the movie
- Take note of the start frame and the end frame (At the bottom)
- Copy this value on the right in Frame Range (Start Frame/End Frame)
- On the left in Output, check the path where the video will be saved
- Click on Animation
- The video will be saved on c:\videos