gorepos allows you to,
go getprivate packages (even over SSH).
- Change your code hosting location without changing imports.
- Change VCS without changing imports.
- Provide import paths on your domain without managing the VCS yourself.
For example, you can use gitolite/gitorious to manage all your package repositories and provide authenticated access to them without losing the convenience of
go get has limitations in accessing private repos directly, it provides a nice discovery mechanism through
<meta> tags which gorepos uses to provide convenient access.
Ensure $GOPATH/bin is part of your $PATH. Install gorepos with,
go get github.com/tuxychandru/gorepos
The package list file must contain a line for each available package in the form,
<path> <vcs> <repo-root> [<godoc-url>]
To provide access to a private git bitbucket repository on the import path
go.mycompany.com/mylib, put this line in a package list file named
/mylib git ssh://firstname.lastname@example.org/mycompany/mylib
Start gorepos on the server at
sudo gorepos -a go.mycompany.com:80 -p pkgs
Now you can
import "go.mycompany.com/mylib" in your program and
go get it.
Copyright (c) 2013, Chandra Sekar S
All rights reserved.
Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met:
- Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
- Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND CONTRIBUTORS "AS IS" AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COPYRIGHT HOLDER OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.