Contributing to the REST cookbook
The REST cookbook website uses Jekyll, a simple yet powerfull blog engine that easily allows for creating simple websites like these.
Contributing to our site is simple:
- Fork the website to your own github account.
- Clone your repository onto your computer. Make sure you create a new branch, and not use the master branch.
- Create a new page inside the /_posts/* directory. This HAS GOT TO BE IN THE FORMAT OF YEAR-MONTH-DAY-FILENAME.html!!!
- Add & commit your changes, and push it to your repository.
- Create a pull request and we will try and merge your recipe.
Creating a new page
As said, a page must be placed in the _post directory, and in the year-month-day-filename.html format. Otherwise it wont get picked up by the system. Every post should look somewhat like this:
--- layout: recipe title: <Title> category: <Category> author: <your name> author_email: <your email address> --- <h2>Title</h2> <p>Your recipe</p>
The author_email address is optional. Make sure the category name is one of the existing category names (case matters), otherwise your posting will be added inside a new topic. If you have troubles creating a new page, take a look at one of the existing pages, or ask us for help.