A list of Free and open-source software for developers
Feel free to send a PR :)
free for dev - A list of SaaS, PaaS and IaaS offerings that have free tiers of interest to devops and infradev
free-for-dev-zh - A list of SaaS, PaaS and IaaS offerings that have free tiers of interest to Chinese devops and infradev
awesome - A list of SaaS, PaaS and IaaS offerings that have free tiers of interest to devops and infradev
- Source Code Repos
- Collaboration Tools
- Code Quality
- CI / CD
- Security and PKI
- Bug trackers
- Project management
- ADN(Application Delivery Networking)
Source Code Repos
- Gogs - A painless self-hosted Git Service
- GitLab - Version control for your server
- Package Drone - A package manager repository for OSGi, Java and more
- Atom - Opensource,fully-featured,hackable text editor for coding.
- VsCodium - Fully FOSS alternative to vscode
- Coding WebIDE - The Coding WebIDE Community Edition project
- CodeBox - Open source cloud & desktop IDE
- Bat - The fancy
catwith syntax highlighting and effortless fuzzy searching to save development time.
- Clifm - The terminal is always in your reach when managing your files.
- Clipboard - Cut, copy, and paste anything, anywhere, anytime, all from the terminal.
- fzf - Fuzzy find anything in your directories.
- Filestash - A Dropbox-like web client where users can bring their own backend (FTP, SFTP, Webdav, S3, Minio, ...).
- SparkleShare - An Open Source collaboration and sharing tool
- ssh chat - Chat over SSH
- lets chat - Self-hosted chat app for small teams
- ownCloud - Open Source file sync & share, with calendar, contacts and more apps
- sonarqube - Put your technical debt under control
- gerrit - Code Review
- Codecov - Continuous Code Coverage
CI / CD
- Jenkins - open-source continuous integration server
- Travis CI - Free continuous integration platform for GitHub projects
- cucumber - Simple, human collaboration
- drone.io - Open Source CI platform
- Gitlab CI - Gitlab Ci
- Unleash - Free open-source feature flag & toggle service. SDKs for all major languages.
Security and PKI
- Bugzilla - web-based bug-tracking software
- Mantis - issue tracker that provides a delicate balance between simplicity and power
- Trac - IT project management solution that enables software developers to track and address bugs, tasks, files, wiki pages, and more.
- Open Project - Project management platform (has features like jira and confluence)
- Redmine - a flexible project management web application written using Ruby on Rails
- Phabricator - an open source collection of web applications which help software companies build better software
- Taiga.io - Your Agile, Free and Open Source Project Management Tool
- OpenShift - build, deploy, and manage your applications with Docker and Kubernetes
- Log4brains - Docs-as-code knowledge base to manage Architecture Decision Records (ADR) for your project and publish them automatically as a static website
Chat and Community
- Matrix - Decentrialized End-to-End Encrypted Chat platform (you may want to use Element
- Discourse - Community forum
- Flarum - Community Forum (PHP based)
- Mailcow Email Server - Fully feature email server (for avarage use cases @lmtr0 recommends this one)
- WildDuck Email Server - nodejs application to send emails (built for sclae (needs more hand work to make it work)