This project represents a Django site built for the sole purpose of displaying Oregon Liquor Control Commission (OLCC) product, price and store data.
The models are designed to easily import product data directly from the OLCC and include enhanced functionality for interacting with the original data set.
The project was born simply because the data existed and was freely available.
You can view the live site at oregonliquorprices.com.
OLCC Excel files
You are encouraged to fork the project and add new functionality. We'd love to see your pull requests! Please make sure to run tests before submitting a patch.
$ python manage.py test olcc
Please make sure your editor is configured to use the proper indentation style with 4-spaces and no tab characters.
After cloning the project into your python virtualenv, you'll first need
to create a basic
settings_local.py with the following contents:
DEBUG = True TEMPLATE_DEBUG = True
Active your virtualenv and install the project dependencies:
$ pip install -r requirements.txt
To start the local development server simply run:
$ python manage.py run_gunicorn
You'll then need to create your local development database by running:
$ python manage.py syncdb
A development fixture has been provided to get you up and running quickly. You can import this fixture by running:
$ python manage.py loaddata olccdev
You can import fresh product data into your database by running:
$ python manage.py olccfetch
- Price calculator: Per shot, oz, ml, 2oz bar pour.
- Collapse product sizes onto a single detail page.
- Find stores by proximity to the visitor's current location.
- Parse the store hours into a machine readable format. Display stores as currently open/closed.
- Product images: Scrape Creative Commons licensed photos or accept submissions.
- Price monitoring: Get notified when your favorite item drops in price.
- Price intelligence: Analyze historical price changes to predict future sales.