- User-friendly: a simple edit interface hides advanced functionality from less experienced users
- WYSIWYG editor: includes a rich text editor that lets you edit content like in office applications
- Security: advanced user, groups and user roles management; uses access control lists (ACL) to control access to different parts of the site
- Templating: extend Kotti with your own look & feel with very little programming required
- Customizable: Many aspects of Kotti are configured through a simple INI file
- Add-ons: a plug-in system allows third party software to greatly extend Kotti
- Pluggable authentication: allows authentication of users through LDAP or other existing user databases
- Open: built on top of well-documented, open source components, such as Python, Pyramid and SQLAlchemy
- Tested: continuous testing with a test coverage of 100% guarantees Kotti's stability
Try it out
You can try out Kotti on Kotti's demo site.
Kotti thanks the University of Coimbra for their involvement and support in the initial phase of the project.