API Rosetta Code
Inspired by Rosetta Code, this repository is a community-powered collection of standalone samples of Twitter API resources implemented in several combinations of languages and libraries that abstract Twitter API access.
The samples are organized as follows:
- samples |- use case 1 | |- language1-library1 | |- language1-library2 | |- language2 | \- language2-library-3 \- use case 2 \- ..
How to run a sample
- Fill it with the API keys obtained at apps.twitter.com
- Choose the use case to learn at
samplesdirectory or the website
- Choose a language + library combination
- Follow the install and execute instructions
- Read the code
- Report found bugs
- Fork this repository
- Use the template directory found at
/samples/_template_to create a new use case or sample
- Respect the directory organization and naming structure
- Implement code
- Document and test it, don't forget to add your info in the sample contributors section
build_script.pyto recreate the index for the website
- Send the pull request
- There must be clear instructions on how to install dependencies and execute it
- All samples must run as standalone code after following the instructions to build and install
- There should be a script or dependency manager to install dependencies, if applicable
- The sample code always load credentials from credentials.txt file
- The output must to be the raw JSON returned by the request, if applicable
- Keep use cases simple and short, one request only, single file (if possible)
- Don't abuse on code comments, but write a legible code
Big thanks to our contributors!
These were events organized to learn Twitter APIs with a specific language or platform.