YTPlayer is an unofficial YouTube client for SailfishOS.
Getting the source
Since YTPlayer uses some extra 3rd party components shipped in git submodules it needs to be cloned with --recursive option. Ex:
- git clone --recursive https://github.com/tworaz/sailfish-ytplayer.git
- SailfishOS SDK (https://sailfishos.org/develop/sdk-overview/)
- YouTube Data API v3 key & client ID (https://developers.google.com/youtube/v3/)
- Paste your YouTube Data API v3 key into a file called youtube-data-api-v3.key and place it in the YTPlayer source directory.
- Copy YouTube client ID JSON file into YTPlayer source directory. Rename the file to youtube-client-id.json
- Start the SailfishOS SDK.
- Load harbour-ytplayer.pro file.
- Build and deploy the application to your phone/tablet/emulator.
If you want to translate YTPlayer into your native language you can use Transifex (https://www.transifex.com/tworaz/ytplayer).