What’s new in Swift 4.2?
This is an Xcode playground that demonstrates the new features introduced in Swift 4.2:
- Derived collections of enum cases
- Warning and error diagnostic directives
- Dynamic member look up
- Enhanced conditional conformances
- Random number generation and shuffling
- Simpler, more secure hashing
- Checking sequence elements match a condition
- In-place collection element removal
- Boolean toggling
This is designed to complement my existing article What’s New in Swift 4.2. You might also want to check out What's New in Swift 4.1 and its accompanying playground. Alternatively, I have a whole website dedicated to tracking what's new in Swift – you should check it out at https://www.whatsnewinswift.com.
Note: Until a version of Xcode ships with Swift 4.2, you should download the latest Swift trunk development snapshot and activate it inside your current Xcode version.