Requirements for contributing
- http://glyphsapp.com/ or [http://glyphsapp.com/glyphs-mini/](Glyphs Mini) - I use Glyphs Mini because I'm a weekend warrior when it comes to typography.
- Adobe Illustrator (sorry). You might be able to use Sketch or another vector editor?
What's up with the Makefile?
I just use it to make a zip file for downloading. When I update Slenderman I don't want to have to manually make the zip each time. Computers!
What did I learn?
- (Glyphs specific) Components need special treatment before exporting. A component is a glyph that is made up of other glyphs. Examples include the ellipsis; made of three periods, right/left double quotes; made of right/left single quotes. Before exporting, open each component glyph. In the Glyph Menu choose Decompose Component (shift+cmd+D).
- This tutorial helped me get started http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diSNN4o9QyI
- Making a font is real fucking hard.
- Making a font is real fucking satisfying.