Lab 8: Exam Review!
These practice materials are a substitute for old exams this semester (because CS 320 is being offered the first time, and there are no old exams!).
You can ask questions about these during lab time, but there's way too much here to cover in one lab time. We recommend the following:
- look at the questions before lab
- form study groups to discuss these
- bring questions from this "lab" to the Wed review lecture
Asking Questions During this Lab
Given we don't have peer mentors this semester, it will be hard for us to answer all exam review questions during lab, so here's how we'll organize things to get the most out of it (this is a bit of an experiment, so feel free to send Tyler suggestions for ways to run review labs in the future):
- you can't ask a TA a question during this lab unless you've joined a group of 3-4 students, and the group as a whole has decided to ask the question
- each time the TA visits your group, the group gets to ask 1 question before the TA will rotate to the next group
- between visits, the group should discuss potential questions to ask and pick the best one
- see how many other questions can be answered by leveraging the collective knowledge of your group -- you'll be surprised by how much you can learn from each other!
We have a couple exercises for each section of the exam to help you review: