Bootstraps a pretty looking Rails app in a jiff.
First install the hightail Gem:
gem install hightail
This will create a Rails 3.1 app in
APP_NAME. This script creates a new
new git repository. It is not meant to be used against an existing repository.
Here are a few of the differences you can expect to find between the default Rails generator and what Hightail generates for you:
- PostgreSQL as the default database
- RSpec instead of Test::Unit
- a customized form builder
- default Sass style sheets
- a Haml application layout
- simplified and unified generated files
- a directory under lib for app-specific code
And a slew of other minor changes. Basically, these are all the things I found myself doing over and over whenever I created a new Rails app.
Hightail is Copyright © 2011 Tyler Hunt. It is free software, and may be redistributed under the terms specified in the LICENSE file.