My Personal Site
- Built with Jekyll utilizing Jekyll Now to deploy easily on GitHub Pages
- The green color is the franken-hex value of my wife's birthday.
- Code and copy is open source, so if you see something wrong and want to be a pal, open an issue and/or submit a PR.
- Install Jekyll and plug-ins in one fell swoop.
gem install github-pagesThis mirrors the plug-ins used by GitHub Pages on your local machine including Jekyll, Sass, etc.
- Clone down your fork
git clone firstname.lastname@example.org:yourusername/yourusername.github.io.git
- Serve the site and watch for markup/sass changes
- View your website at http://0.0.0.0:4000
- Commit any changes and push everything to the master branch of your GitHub user repository. GitHub Pages will then rebuild and serve your website.
Like I said earlier, if something on the site is just wrong, factually, gramatically, or otherwise, feel free to let me know. I'm also open to design pull-requests. I'm an OK designer–my feelings won't be hurt if something ought to change. This site isn't an open-source project that'll get you any sort of points, but I'd appreciate it and it'll get you another green square on your activity chart. Thanks!