2019 May 25
Cats 2.0.0-M2 is a milestone release for Cats 2.0. It's available on Scala 2.11, Scala 2.12, Scala 2.13.0-RC2 and Scala.js 0.6.
Cats 2.0.0-M2 maintains binary compatibility on cats-kernel, cats-core and cats-free with Cats 1.x.x.
Their 2.0.0-M2 jars are drop-in replacements for 1.0.1, 1.1.0, 1.2.0, 1.3.1, 1.4.0, 1.5.0, 1.6.0, and 2.0.0-M1 jars.
cats-kernel, cats-core and cats-free 2.0.0 will remain binary compatible with 1.x.
Cats 2.0.0-M2 breaks binary compatibility on cats-laws, cats-kernel-laws, cats-testkit and alleycats.
1 breaking change in cats-laws
6 documentation additions/fixes
- #2855 Edit example in Parallel docs by @Jasper-M
- #2850 Small Readme fix by @dispalt
- #2819 added FreeT basic example by @mtsokol
- #2815 added navigation links to readme by @kailuowang
- #2813 Remove 'cats experimental' clause from README.md. by @kamilkloch
- #2811 added availability information by @kailuowang
3 API/Feature enhancements
- #2840 2708 sorted set semigroupal by @vladislavGutov
- #2837 Delete unnecessary restriction on biFlatMap by @AdrianRaFo
- #2796 Added collectFirst to Chain and NonEmptyChain by @LMnet
5 build improvements
- #2858 Don't create the hydra.license if $HydraLicense is empty by @dotta
- #2857 Updates for 2.13.0-RC2 by @travisbrown
- #2856 Update sbt-scalajs to 0.6.28 by @scala-steward
- #2848 Enables Hydra on cats build by @kailuowang
- #2821 removing unused resolver by @kailuowang
2 test improvements
- #2831 fixed applicative monoid test by @kailuowang
- #2827 In Apply.semigroup test replace