2019 September 7
Cats 2.0.0-RC3 is the third release candidate for Cats 2.0, and is available for Scala 2.11, 2.12, 2.13, and Scala.js 0.6. This release (like the upcoming 2.0.0) maintains binary compatibility with Cats 1.x.x in the cats-kernel, cats-core and cats-free modules, but not cats-laws, cats-kernel-laws, cats-testkit, or alleycats.
We're planning to release 2.0.0 on Monday, September 9, unless any major issues in this release candidate are reported.
2 source breaking changes
- #3033 Move Parallel instances for EitherT and OptionT into implicit scope by @travisbrown
- #3031 Add Parallel.apply overload with one type parameter by @travisbrown
3 documentation improvements
- #3028 Doc fixes by @mebubo
- #3020 [DOC] Fix optionT link in monad documentation by @CucumisSativus
- #3019 Fix typo in Comonad documentation by @chiller