sbteclipse 2.0.0 is a complete rewrite of the 1.x branch. The main difference as compared to sbteclipse 1.x is the ability to configure sbteclipse via settings in addition to options now. For example you can define skipParents as a setting now instead of applying it as an option every time you execute the command eclipse.
One other important change: sbteclipse 2.0.0 no longer uses different target directories. In 1.x the Eclipse project definition pointed to the .target folder by default. While this tried to avoid issues with both sbt and Eclipse working on the same files at the same time, it seemed to be confusing for users and probably overcautious.
These are the most important additional issues that were addressed:
- Issue #34: Use relative path for local libraries
- Issue #39: Add support for execution environments
- Issue #51: Add support for configurations
- Issue #59: Add settings as an alternative to command options
- Issue #66: Add support for source attachments for lib entries again
- Issue #67: Split into core and library
- Issue #69: Add selective creation of non existing source directories
- Issue #71: Add support for pre tasks
- Issue #74: Replace classpathEntryCollector with more powerful classpathEntryTransformer
- Issue #75: java.util.regex.PatternSyntaxException on Windows
- Issue #77: .classpath entries for project dependencies with configurations are never generated
- Issue #83: Generalize support for scalac settings
- Issue #89: Duplicate external dependencies
Please see the Documentation for information about installing and using sbteclipse.