TypicalBot is open-source discord bot written in Java, using the JDA library.
Table of Contents
This section provides a quick-start guide.
- Java: Java 8 is required.
- MongoDB: MongoDB is required to store Guild settings.
- Lavalink Server: Lavalink is required to stream videos.
- Make sure all prerequisites are installed.
- Fork the TypicalBot repository: https://github.com/typicalbot/typicalbot/fork
- Clone your forked repository, ie.
git clone http://github.com/<YOUR-USERNAME>/typicalbot.git
gradlew clean build.
- Locate the
/build/libsdirectory and move it. Do not use the one with
- Open command prompt and run
java -jar Lavalink.jar.
- Open a second command prompt and run
java -jar typicalbot.jarand proceed through the setup.
- You're done!
Our project roadmap can be found here.
TypicalBot is an open-sourced software licensed under the Apache 2.0 license.
Like many other open source projects, we require that contributors provide us with a Contributor License Agreement (CLA). By submitting code to the TypicalBot project, you are granting us the right to use your code under the terms of the CLA.
Our version of the CLA was adapted from the Microsoft Contributor License Agreement, which they generously made available to the public domain under Creative Commons CC0 1.0 Universal.
For any inquiries, please email email@example.com
Thanks to Crowdin, JetBrains and YourKit for sponsoring our project with Open Source licenses.
- Crowdin is a localization management platform that helps companies to translate their software.
- JetBrains is a cutting-edge software vendor specializing in the creation of intelligent development tools, including IntelliJ IDEA – the leading Java IDE, and the Kotlin programming language.
- YourKit supports open source projects with innovative and intelligent tools for monitoring and profiling Java and .NET applications. YourKit is the creator of YourKit Java Profiler, YourKit .NET Profiler, and YourKit YouMonitor.