Allows users to submit recipes for other users to annotate, using a highlighting UI similar to Rap Genius.
Uses Backbone on the front-end and Rails on the back-end. Features:
- Polymorphic associations and concerns on Rails backend
- DOM traversal across both Nodes and Elements
- Smart new-Recipe form, adds blank inputs as needed.
- S3/Papercip for image storage and uploading.
- Devise & CanCan for user Authentication/Authorization, respectively.
- Features class inheritance of Backbone views to implement Annotatable and Editable Recipes.
- Recipe annotations use markdown.
- Uses Regex to automatically markdown links and images.
- Ruby: 1.9.3
- Rails: 4.0.2
- Backbone: 1.1.1
Dependencies of Note:
- devise - User Authentication
- cancan - User Authorization
- figaro - Safe key storage
- paperclip - Image uploading
- aws-sdk - Image storage through Amazon S3
- pg - uses PostgreSQL for database
Points of Interest:
Any questions about this project? Feel free to send an email to email@example.com. Thanks!