- Fix a performance issue caused in 0.2.0 with Timezone.local_to_utc. Conversions performed on TimeOrDateTime instances passed to <=> are now cached as originally intended. Thanks to Michael Smedberg for spotting this.
- Fix a performance issue with the local_to_utc period search algorithm originally implemented in 0.1.0. The condition that was supposed to cause the search to terminate when enough periods had been found was only being evaluated in a small subset of cases. Thanks to Michael Smedberg and Jamis Buck for reporting this.
- Added abbreviation as an alias for TimezonePeriod.zone_identifier.
- Updated to tzdata version 2006d (http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.time.tz/936).
- Ignore any offset in DateTimes passed in (as is already done for Times). All of the following now refer to the same UTC time (15:40 on 17 April 2006). Previously, the DateTime in the second line would have been interpreted as 20:40.
tz.utc_to_local(DateTime.new(2006, 4, 17, 15, 40, 0))
tz.utc_to_local(DateTime.new(2006, 4, 17, 15, 40, 0).new_offset(Rational(5, 24)))
tz.utc_to_local(Time.utc(2006, 4, 17, 15, 40, 0))
tz.utc_to_local(Time.local(2006, 4, 17, 15, 40, 0))
TZInfo v0.2.1 on RubyGems.org