Clone this wiki locally
All the magic for this module happens in the configuration section.
To change your configuration go to
Here are the fields you can configure.
All of them can be set at global, website and store view level.
- Enabled - this enables or disables the extension.
Transformation settings - Here you have listed all the attributes that can be used in the configurable products and you can set a transformation type for each one of them.
Here are the available transformation types.
- None - This means that the dropdown for the attribute will not be transformed
Labels - The dropdown will be transformed into simple labels having as text, the option text.
Colors. This will turn your dropdown into labels that have no text and have a background color.
If you select this option, a button will appear below it, "Configure colors". Clicking on it, will open a popup where you can fill in the color codes or names for all the available options. If you don't fill in a color, on frontend it will appear as a label with text on it.
Simple product images. If you select this, then the simple product images will be used as labels on frontend. A new dropdown will appear asking you to choose the image attribute that will be used (small image, image, thumbnail).
Custom images - this allows you to set custom images for product options. When you select this option, a button will appear below it "Configure Images". Clicking on it will open a popup where you can upload your custom images.
Keep previously selected values Setting this to yes, it allows the user to select the options in any order. For example you have these configurable attributes: Size: S,M,L and Color: Red, Green, Blue. If the user selects S - Blue and then selects M as size, by default magento will reset the selection for color. Setting this to yes, the Blue option will remain selected if it's available for the selected size.
- Autoselect first option if none specified - If you don't specify a default selected configuration for a product and this is set to yes, then the first available configuration will be selected by default. It is recommended if you have 2 or more configurable attributes. This way the user sees values for all of the attributes.
Show added configurable prices in label - If the prices for different combinations are different, magento will show you in the dropdowns the price difference: Example: 'Green + 5.25$'. Setting this to 'No' will eliminate this from the dropdowns and the labels. The user will see only 'Green'. This does not affect the price change. The price of the product will still be changed when selecting an option.
Show out of stock configurations - setting this to yes, it will allow the user to see the out of stock configurations for the configurable product.
- Allow out of stock products to be selected - If set to yes, the user will be able to select the out of stock combinations. They will not be able to add it to the cart though. This is useful if you enable the image or media switching (see below). It will give the user a chance to see the images of the out of stock products.
- Label / Options image size this is the resize dimensions of the images used for labels. Changing this will not reflect on frontend. You will have to change the css also. It is here just for server side resize.
- Switch product images - This allows you to change the product image or the whole media block when an attribute combination is changed. If you choose to change the image, this will be changed only if there is one available for the simple product. If you have a lot of simple product combinations and choose to change the whole media block it can lead to performance issues.
- Change images when these attributes are changed: It appears only if you choose to change only the main image and allows you to select which attribute change triggers the image change also.
- Dom selector for main image: It appears only if you choose to change only the main image. This should be the prototype selector for the main image element. by default it looks for the element with id image. Use configurable product image if the simple one does not have images - If set to Yes it will use for simple products that don't have their own image, the configurable product image.
- Main image size: It appears only if you choose to change only the main image. You can specify here the main image size, because I cannot read it from the media block. If empty then the image won't be resized.
- Change media content when these attributes are changed: It appears only if you choose to change the media block and it allows you to select which attribute change triggers the media block change also.
- Dom Media block selector: It appears only if you choose to change the media block. This is the prototype selector of the element that contains the media block.
- Js Callback after media change: It appears only if you choose to change the media block. This is the JS code that is executed after the media block is changed
- Media block alias: It appears only if you choose to change the media block. It allows you to specify which block is used for rendering the media section. It's useful if you have extensions that change the media block. Leave empty to use default (catalog/product_view_media).
Media block template: It appears only if you choose to change the media block. It allows you to specify the template used for rendering the media section. It's useful if you have extensions that change the media template. Leave empty to use default (