onak is an OpenPGP compatible keyserver. It was originally written concentrating on providing real time path finding between 2 keys, but over time has moved to concentrating on providing standard keyserver storage and retrieval functionality.
- Multiple backend key storage options (DB4, PostgreSQL, flat file, read-only PGP keyring)
- Command-line tool for interacting with key store
- Forwarding capability to other key servers
- Experimental full verification of signatures
- Experimental OpenPGP v5 support
It does not (yet) support the SKS Gossip keyserver synchronisation protocol.
See the doc/ subdirectory for more complete documentation.
onak is released under the GPLv2.
onak is written in C and has no hard external dependencies. The recommended backend key-store requires Berkeley DB (tested with versions 4 + 5). Nettle is recommended for full cryptographic functionality. onak can also make use of curl if available.
Contributions are welcome via emailed patches to firstname.lastname@example.org or pull requests on GitHub.