All notable changes to this project will be documented in this file. This project adheres to Semantic Versioning.
The public API of this library consists of the functions declared in file h3api.h.in.
getRes0Indexesfunction for getting all base cells, and helper function
- Include defined constants for current library version (#173)
[3.3.0] - 2018-12-25
h3LineSizefunctions for getting the line of indexes between some start and end (inclusive) (#165)
- Indexes in deleted pentagon subsequences are not considered valid.
[3.2.0] - 2018-10-04
experimentalH3ToLocalIjfunction for getting local coordinates for an index. (#102)
experimentalLocalIjToH3function for getting an index from local coordinates. (#102)
- Benchmarks for the kRing method for k's of size 10, 20, 30, and 40. (#142, #144)
h3ToIjkfunction renamed to
h3ToIjkfilter application replaced with
[3.1.1] - 2018-08-29
- Fixed bounding box bug for polygons crossing the antimeridian (#130)
- Normalize output of h3SetToMultiPolygon to align with the GeoJSON spec, ensuring that each polygon has only one outer loop, followed by holes (#131)
- Longitude outputs are now guaranteed to be in the range [-Pi, Pi]. (#93)
- Implemented closed form formula for maxKringSize. Source: https://oeis.org/A003215 (#138)
- Improved test and benchmark harnesses (#126, #128)
[3.1.0] - 2018-08-03
h3Distancefunction for determining the grid distance between H3 indexes (#83)
h3ToIjkfunction for getting IJK+ coordinates from an index (#83)
ijkDistancefunction for determining the grid distance between IJK+ coordinates (#83)
h3ToIjkfilter application for experimenting with
- Don't require a C++ compiler (#107)
- Most dynamic internal memory allocations happen on the heap instead of the stack (#100)
[3.0.8] - 2018-07-18
- Added Direction enum, replacing int and defined constants (#77)
- Ensured unused memory is cleared for pentagon children. (#84)
- Fixed compiler warnings in
- Fixed a segfault in
- Warnings are not errors by default. (#90)
[3.0.7] - 2018-06-08
- Generator for the faceCenterPoint table (#67)
- Generator for number of indexes per resolution (#69)
- Added CMake
WARNINGS_AS_ERRORSoption, default on, for Clang and GCC (#70)
- Added CMake
WRAP_VALGRINDis on (#66)
- Moved Vec3d structure to
- Added input validation when getting the origin or destination of an edge (#74)
[3.0.6] - 2018-06-01
- Changed signature of internal function h3NeighborRotations.
- Do not require support for
hexRangeDistancesin the bindings. These functions may be deprecated in the public API in future releases; consumers should use
- Performance improvement in core indexing logic for
[3.0.5] - 2018-04-27
- Fixed duplicate vertex in h3ToGeoBoundary for certain class III hexagons (#46)
- Release guide
[3.0.4] - 2018-04-16
- Assertions when allocating memory on the heap.
- Most internal memory allocations happen on the stack instead of the heap.
[3.0.3] - 2018-03-19
- CMake config installation to ease use of h3 from CMake projects.
- Add CMake toolchain file to set build options upfront.
- Add CMake
C_CLANG_TIDYproperty to integrate clang-tidy checks during build.
- YouCompleteMe completion support.
- Improved resilience to out of range inputs.
- Minimum CMake version to 3.1.
11instead of using compiler flag
CMAKE_POSITION_INDEPENDENT_CODEinstead of using compiler flag
- Rename library target from
SONAMEproperty of 1.
H3_COMPILERoption in favor of built-in
BUILD_STATICoption in favor of built-in
ENABLE_TESTSoption in favor of built-in
- File globbing in CMake in favor of listing source files.
[3.0.2] - 2018-01-24
- Removed the
- Simplified build process on Windows.
- Fixed an issue where tests would fail on ARM systems.
[3.0.1] - 2018-01-18
- Added a
- Improved compatability with building on Windows.
- Fixed various cases where the test suite could crash or not compile.
[3.0.0] - 2018-01-08
- First public release.