Weechat Android Relay Client
This is an Android Weechat Relay client. It is currently in beta status, with most things working. I use it daily without issue.
This requires weechat to be running somewhere and it connects to it. It is not a standalone weechat for your phone. If you are looking for a standalone irc client for android, you will need to look elsewhere.
Stable version - v0.07
Either scan the QR code, or click the link to download the apk. Click on it and choose to install. Download Link
Latest Development Snapshot - v0.08-dev
If you're feeling adventurous, you can try the latest development version. This is built after every commit, and while I try to keep a working build, it may fail or have major bugs.
Installation and usage:
Please refer to the quick start guide for details:
Note these are from 0.06/0.07-dev, but it looks roughly the same.
Bug Reports and Feature Requests Welcome!
Please report any bugs or feature requests here on github(See the Issues tab), or send me an email: email@example.com. You can also ping me in #weechat on freenode.
Please include the Build Identifier found in the about screen if possible.
All of the source code is available right here on github. For a quick introduction to setting up ant/eclipse so you can begin hacking on the code, please see: https://github.com/ubergeek42/weechat-android/wiki/Getting-started-with-the-code
For more details about Weechat and the Relay Protocol:
- Weechat - http://www.weechat.org/
- Relay Protocol - http://www.weechat.org/files/doc/devel/weechat_relay_protocol.en.html
v0.07 - June 13th, 2012
- Tab completion for nicks(tab key or search button)
- Automatic reconnection
- Stunnel support(see: Stunnel Guide)
- Text size preference
- Massive performance tweak/bandwith reduction
- Other bug fixes
v0.06 - May 13th, 2012
- Rewrite rendering of chat messages(improved performance)
- Added about screen
- Made links in messages clickable
- Fixed bug with irc colors in topics
- Password now hidden in preferences
- Added preference for prefix alignment
- Keyboard behaves nicer in chats
v0.05-dev - May 11th, 2012
- Complete rewrite of the frontend
- Support Notifications
- Background service
- Message filters
- UTF-8 Support(Fixes #1)
- Preferences for Colors/Timestamp
- Highlight support for messages
- Misc bugfixes
- A few bugfixes
- Initial Release