A full screen reddit presentation or slide show.
- a - toggles auto-next (play/pause)
- t - collapse/uncollapse title
- c - collapse/uncollapse controls
- i - open image in a new tab
- r - open comments in a new tab
- u - open user slideshow in new tab
- f - toggle full screen mode
- m - toggle sound
- Arrow keys, pgup/pgdown, spacebar change slides
- Swipe gestures on phones
- All /r/ subreddits, including different ?sort stuff.
- /user/ , /domain/ , /me/ url's work.
- Url's ending with ['.jpg', '.jpeg', '.gif', '.bmp', '.png']
- You can save the html file locally and use it, just make sure you add a separator e.g. the question mark in file:///c/myredditp.html?/r/gifs so the browser knows to pick up the right file and go to the right subreddit.
- Support for /r/random and /r/randnsfw virtual subreddits. These'll be tricky unless I cheat as they contain redirects.
Possible future features, depending on feedback:
- Zoom/Pan for comics
- Imgur albums support
- Offline access support, though I don't know if this is even possible actually (caching external image resources).
- Login and upvoting support
Host your own redditp
Redditp relies on the
/r/subreddit in the URL to fetch the JSON from the corresponding reddit endpoint. There are a few ways you can set up support for these URLs yourself:
- You can use an Apache server with the
- Host on Netlify using the
_redirectsfile. This is the current host for redditp.
- Use NodeJS (see
- Use a simple HTTP server and put the subreddit URL in the get parameters like
- Use GitHub pages by copying
404.htmlwhich will make all unknown URLs reach the same
index.html. This currently only works with a custom domain because of where the
.cssfiles are located.
- Ubershmekel http://yuvalg.com/
- js-cookie for managing cookies
- Favicon by Double-J designs http://www.iconfinder.com/icondetails/68600/64/_icon
- Slideshow based on http://demo.marcofolio.net/fullscreen_image_slider/
- Author of slideshow base: Marco Kuiper (http://www.marcofolio.net/)
- And many more that have contributed to this project through feedback and pull requests https://github.com/ubershmekel/redditp/graphs/contributors