How to add a cry?
- Update your local tree with
git pullor clone the repository with
git cloneif you don't have it already
- Add the cry or cries in www/snd. See the website FAQ (http://lolicri.es/faq.html) for more information on the format/codec restrictions and extraction.
- Add a kawaii 300x200 PNG picture in www/img
git addon the just added sound and images files
- Edit loli_list.py and add/edit the loli entry
make && firefox www/index.htmland check if everything is fine
- Commit the new loli with
git commit -a -m <commit message>
- Request a merge (if you forked the project) or send a patch (
git format-patch -1)
- Wait for a review from a developer
Eventually, a developer will run
git push on the main server with your
How to edit a standard page?
All the pages content are located in the src/ directory. Just edit them and follow the last steps of the previous section.
How to change page information or the index page?
Everything you need is in gen.py, just edit it and hack.
What is the setup of lolicri.es?
We have a shared bare repository in
GITROOT=/home/$COMMON_GROUP/lolicri.es.git. This is the repository cloned
by the developers, $COMMON_GROUP being a shared group between them.
A cloned repository (from the $GITROOT bare one) is located in
WWWROOT=/home/$ADMIN_DEV/lolicri.es. The DocumentRoot of the httpd points
on $WWWROOT/www. This directory contains all the images, cries, generated
pages, etc. The web server is also configured to redirect any 404 to
Each time a developer pushes something, the script $GITROOT/hooks/post-receive is run. It contains the following code to update the $WWWROOT repository:
#!/bin/sh ADMIN_DEV=... WWWROOT=/home/$ADMIN_DEV/lolicri.es read oldrev newrev refname [ "$refname" != "refs/heads/master" ] && exit 0 cd $WWWROOT unset GIT_DIR git pull make BASEURL=