Our snap/snapcraft codelabs
This is our snap and snapcraft codelabs, fetched from google doc content.
This is the compiled containing compiled assets or codelabs. The source branch is at https://github.com/ubuntu/codelabs-source.
Run the binary assets
Once you are on the codelabs repo, you can just run the simple webserver from the main repo:
- ./server You can specify the port with -p <port_number>
- There is snap available name "snap-codelabs" which will run on your localhost, port 8123 by default. You can install it with: sudo snap install snap-codelabs
- If you have polymer-cli (npm install -g polymer-cli), you can just run: polymer serve.
You can use ./codelabs binary which will fetch needed dependencies for you to add/update or remove codelabs.
- Adding a new codelabs is as simple as:
./codelabs add <google_doc_id>. You can add multiple docs at the same time.
- Refreshing all codelabs is
- Remove a codelab is `./codelabs remove <google_doc_id|codelab_name>. You can remove multiple docs at the same time.
You can use -ga <google_analytics> to override the default GA account.
Codelabs are located in
src/codelabs. All metadata are then regenerated for the website
to pick up.
Do not forget to add/commit and push to the
codelabs branch each time you
generate or refresh the codelabs assets.
Tweak category theming and events
The theming is for categories are located in
Only categories available there will be shown in the dropdown filters.
Adding events enables to get events/<event_name> page, which is filtering codelabs for which one tags match this event. Images are relative path to images/events/.