Inserts the UConn header branding at the top of your Wordpress site.
- Download the latest release of the Wordpress UConn Banner Plugin from Github or UConn's brand website.
- Unzip the package and place the resulting folder in your
wp-content/plugins/folder and activate the plugin.
- Place the action
<?php do_action('uconn_banner'); ?>into your theme's header.php file after the opening
<body>tag. This file can be found by navigating to Appearance -> Editor and looking for the header.php file in the right column.
- The blue banner is a required element on every University website. It is always located at the top, and spans 100% of the website's width.
- The primary wordmark that includes the words UNIVERSITY OF CONNECTICUT is required within the blue banner, and is reserved for use on sites that are within the UConn domain, meaning the site's address ends in uconn.edu.
- The UConn Health Center wordmark that incorporates the words HEALTH CENTER is used for all sites that are within the UConn Health Center domain, meaning the site's address ends in uchc.edu.
- The height of the blue banner measures 60px tall and has a blue background color (#000E2F).
- The wordmark can be aligned with the left side of the main body of the webpage, as opposed to the far left side of the blue banner.
View more UConn Branding guidelines at brand.uconn.edu