Join GitHub today
Welcome to the ucsb-data-science.github.io wiki!
Please feel free to email Ben Best (email@example.com) with your Github user account name if you have any interest in contributing to the content on this site (which we highly encourage ;).
- Santa Barbara Data Science (Santa Barbara, CA) - Meetup
- Santa Barbara R Users Group (Santa Barbara, CA) - Meetup
- Santa Barbara Machine Learning Meetup (Santa Barbara, CA) - Meetup
- Machine Learning and Data Mining | UCSB Computer Science
- timing | Doodle
- Ben: walk through Git and GitHub with RStudio
- Steven: journal article recommender app
- unconference pitch and organize further meeting ideas (projects, tutorials...). Can start with sticky analog style, and later migrate to submitting github issues a la NCEAS CodeFest sessions/issues
- Kaggle R Tutorial on Machine Learning | DataCamp: 1 hour, online embedded R. Others: Getting Started with R - Titanic: Machine Learning from Disaster | Kaggle
- neural networks & trippy images: Google Research blog #1 explanation, #2 example as iPython notebook in Github repo google/deepdream
- Kaggle competitions
- data visualization (word clouds anyone?)
- analyzing your journal articles
- interactive campus map
- analyzing open Santa Barbara or UCSB data
- FoodBank SB County. Melissa Fontaine presented on behalf of FoodBankSBC at SB Data Science Summer Ignite Talks (2015-06-23) and expressed interest in going from xls to cooler visualizations. Jogged memory of a cool map & stats example for FeedingTexas.org with code freely available in github thinkshout/feeding-texas based on the ThinkShout philosophy on nonprofits & open-source.
Here's a semi random collection of resources.
- Diffbot: extract data as JSON from any web page