UCSC Xena Roadmap
UCSC Xena Client
Functional genomics browser
The application architecture looks a lot like redux, but was developed before redux was a thing. So, we can use redux dev tooling, and the reselect lib, but we currently do not use redux itself. The async model is in the direction of redux-observable, with action side-effects invoking rx streams that will then dispatch later actions.
Further doc links:
- Architecture overview
- State updates, in detail
- Debug strategies, widget hierarchy, etc.
- Writing an action handler
The build is based on npm and webpack.
- Ensure that git and node are installed
- On OSX, install brew http://brew.sh/
brew install git
brew install node
git clone https://github.com/acthp/ucsc-xena-client.git
- browse to http://localhost:8080/webpack-dev-server/heatmap/
There may be npm warnings about missing redux libraries, but these can be ignored. We're not using redux. We're just using redux tooling.