Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 28 million developers.Sign up
- Added 3x3 pattern support. These are used as priors in the tree and
during the playouts.
- Added the RAVE heuristic to the search.
- Terminate search early if the best move is ahead by a lot.
- Changed the way to change the configuration of the engine. Everything is now stored inside a
TOML file instead of having command line switches for everything.
- Measure the playouts per second per thread and display it when logging is turned on.
- Scripts to run CLOP parameter optimization.
- Removed all weak engines (random, AMAF, MC).
- Clarified the licensing (scripts are MIT licensed).
- Added a code of conduct.
Note that the measurement of the error margins have changed. We now calculate proper 95% and 99% confidence intervals whereas previously we only used the ~68% standard deviation.
After running 500 games on 9x9 with komi 6.5 and a time limit of 5 minutes (sudden death) the win rate against GnuGo 3.8 level 0 was 85.40% (± 3.08 at 95%, ± 3.14 at 99%) with the default configuration.
After running 500 games on 13x13 with komi 6.5 and a time limit of 10 minutes (sudden death) the win rate against GnuGo 3.8 level 0 was 36.6% (± 4.2 at 95%, ± 4.29 at 99%) with the default configuration.