Take snapshots of EBS volumes and keep them for a period of time.
We use this to take nightly snapshots and retain them for several days before being purged.
$ gem install ebs_snapper
Add this line to your application's Gemfile:
And then execute:
- Set up the configuration file, see: config/sample.config.yaml
- Tag your volume with the key 'Snapper'
- Setup a cron job to run nightly from a single instance (for example)
- Once created, the snapshots will be tagged 'Snapper' and contain a timestamp of creation time and the description will also contain the creation time.
- Fork it
- Create your feature branch (
git checkout -b my-new-feature)
- Commit your changes (
git commit -am 'Added some feature')
- Push to the branch (
git push origin my-new-feature)
- Create new Pull Request