Portal Jekyll Theme
Portal is a mobile-first Jekyll theme for technical blogs and websites. For more info, read this blog post.
- Bootstrap 4.1 theme
- Featured posts
- Sticky posts
- Complete Jekyll integration
- About Me and Author pages
- Sitemap, Feed and Atom
- Easy Mailchimp integration for newsletter sign-ups
- Easy Disqus integration
How to use
These instructions assume you have Jekyll installed on your machine.
- Clone the git repo
git clone https://github.com/umermansoor/Portal-Jekyll-Theme.git
- Start the theme with sample blog contents
jekyll serve --watch
If everything works as expected, you should be able to see the theme with some sample contents at http://127.0.0.1:4000/index.html
To start modifying the theme, update the
_config.yml file. Blog posts go in the
Deploying Instructions and baseurl
You should always leave the
_config.yml as empty e.g.
You should set the
url property to the URL of your website if you are deploying it behind a domain. E.g.
cc 4.0 with attribution. See LICENSE.md for more info
This theme is based on Mundana Jekyll theme by WowThemes.net. I modified it to fit my requirements. Check these guys out and support their work.
Known Issues (or things I plan on working next)
- Making the top navbar sticky on mobile
- Fixing Jumbotron and feature image.
- Reducing gap (empty space) between Jumbotron and blog start
- Removed unused CSS/JS files
- Remove JQuery (make it optional)