Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
How to Generate Papyrus Diagrams Using Umple
Start by setting up your work envrionment like normal.
Once your Umple files are created as desired. use the Umple program to generate Papyrus data using the following command (entered from command line)
java -jar umple.jar -g Papyrus FILENAME.ump
where FILENAME is the name of the file.
This will create a folder in the same directory called 'FILENAME'. This folder will contain four files;
- .project (used by Eclipse to identify the folder as an existing project)
- model.di (used by Papyrus to identify the diagrams described)
- model.notation (used by Papyrus for the layout and style of the diagrams)
- model.uml (used by Papyrus for the structures and relations of classes)
Now open Eclipse.
- Select File > Import > General > Existing Projects into Workspace
- Choose the directory created by Umple.
- Select 'Finish'
- In the project explorer there will now be a folder named FILENAME. It will contain a 'model'. Double click on this model.
- An empty diagram will appear in the main canvas of the Eclipse window.
- If you are in the Papyrus perspective, there will be a Model Explorer on the right. If you are not in the Papyrus perspective, it is recommend you switch. (Go to View / Window > Open Perspective > Other > Papyrus)
- Expand the FILENAME model in the model explorer.
- Drag and drop the desired elements from the Model Explorer to the diagram canvas.
- Save the diagram.
You have not exported an Umple file into a Papyrus diagram.