VRelax Investigation of Relaxing Computer Engineering Project
- Görkem Narinoğlu 201411041
- Umut Efiloğlu 201311016
Advisor: Dr. Faris Serdar Taşel
Co-Advisor: Assist. Prof. Dr. Murat YILMAZ
Installation & Compilation Guide
This guide will describe how to install and compile VRelax from the release builds. Make sure to grab the latest build.
- Unreal Engine 4.18.3 should be installed to run and compile the project. Newer versions will work however older versions won't open the project correctly.
- Project uses AutoTerrainCover and Victory Plugins so they should be installed and added to the projects "Plugins" folder.
- Project use many materials both from the UE marketplace and from the web. The material and texture packages below should be obtained from the web if any package/material/texture not found errors occur when compiling.
- Animation Starter Pack
- Beach Summer Pack
- Starter Content
- Visual Studio 2017 should be installed to compile the project. Older versions won't compile the project.
- GSL Libraries should be installed to compile/run the project. You can download GSL from this link.
Compile & Run From Editor
- Copy the source files with a base folder to Unreal Engine default projects folder. (Optional)
- Open the VRELAX_IoR.uproject file.
- Run the the application from blue play button.
- You can change the play settings like Standalone Game or New Window (Optional)
Note: Sometimes Editor doesn't sync with Visual Studio solution so if any error occurs please refer compile/run from VS 2017 section below.
Compile & Run From Visual Studio 2017
- Open VRELAX_IoR.sln file.
- Go to Configuration Properties -> VC++ Directories -> Additional Include directories. Add GSL/include folder that you have downloaded.
- Go to Configuration Properties -> VC++ Directories -> Additional Library directories. Add GSL/lib folder that you have downloaded.
- Compile and run the project with green start button named "Local Windows Debugger".
- Download project files named "VRELAX_IoR_V1.0.0-alpha.rar" from here.
- Extract the files.
- Run the VRELAX_IoR.exe to run the application.
Note: If any Prerequisites error occurs try running UE4PrereqSetup_x64.exe file first located in \Engine\Extras\Redist\en-us
- Processor: Intel™ Core™ i5-4590 or AMD FX™ 8350, equivalent or better
- Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce™ GTX 1060 or AMD Radeon™ RX 480, equivalent or better.
- Memory: 4 GB RAM or more
- Video output:: 1x HDMI 1.4 port, or DisplayPort 1.2
- USB: 1x USB 2.0 port or newer
- Operating system: Windows™ 7 SP1, Windows™ 8.1 or later or Windows™ 10
Note: Application will work both with or without HTC Vive. You can change key bindings in the editor when compiling. Expect better performance without VR.