This repository tracks the ongoing evolution of the unchained shop. It contains:
This document here outlines our long-term roadmap for the company and our next major version and it's focus and progress. This will get updated continously as we achieve our milestones.
- 2017.04 Sketch out the architecture of a headless digital commerce platform
- 2017.06 Signed first customer contract
- 2017.11 GoLive with first Customer Freezyboy
- 2018.01 Landing Page
- 2018.03 Release Roadmap 1.0
- 2018.04 Init Partner Program for Agencies
- Roadshow for Swiss agencies
- Release of Unchained Managed Hosting
- Release of Unchained Platform 1.0 as OSS
- Release Roadmap 2.0
- Release of Plugin Marketplace 1.0 Beta as SaaS
- Release of Unchained Control Panel 1.0 Beta as SaaS
- Unchained Conference 2019
- Release Roadmap 3.0
- Global Roadshow
- Unchained Conference 2020
Development major version: unchained 1.0
Expected: Q1 2019. After the release date we plan to release new stable versions of unchained on a monthly rhythm and canary releases weekly.
The unchained engine 1.0 will be released under the EUPL 1.2 license.
Primary quest: Open Source Readyness
The first version which will be publicly available. To do this we will have to unchain some major components from the reference implementation and move code which is customer-specific out of the base branch.
The following tasks are currently blocking the first OSS version of our product:
- 5 Agencies as partners
- Funding for the next few months of product development
- SE-0001: Untangle
Beyond the most important part of bringing the engine out to public, we will always invest time and money into these tasks:
Community. We will invest time not only coding but also building up a dev-friendly community
Licensed under the EUPL 1.2