This is a backup of my custom files for TF2.
These files all go in
Team Fortress 2/tf/custom. If you need help installing these files follow the installation instructions.
- HUD: ToonHUD (my theme).
- Launch options1:
-novid -nojoy -nosteamcontroller -noff -softparticlesdefaultoff -reuse -console -condebug -noborder
- Config: Personal, in
- Hitsound: This (other hitsounds in this zip file)
info into the console will print the comment at the head of autoexec.cfg.
||Me||TF2 configuration files authored by me. Diagram for these in readme:
||Teamfortress.tv ("Original by MAD76")||These files turn a number of particle effects in the game down, by switching them to the "sapper destroyed" particle effect. (This affects every rocket launcher except the Cow Mangler 5000)|
||Gamebanana||This mods kill icons into the game that show more detailed weapon information. For example, rocket kills no longer show just a rocket icon, they show the actual rocket launcher used.|
||Me||Adds a file named
||Me||This is where I keep important maps. Check the readme for more information:
||Gamebanana||This is my favorite lightwarp for TF2.|
||Gamebanana||Changes the critical hit text from "CRITICAL HIT!!!" to "CRIT!"|
I keep mods I am currently not using in a separate branch of this repo: others
- Team Fortress Wiki - Scripting basics, among much other useful information
- Valve Developer Community - a lot of technical information about TF2 and its engine
- mastercoms - Excellent documentation on (mostly graphical) settings in their config
- povohat - null-cancelling movement script
- Jamien - regen.cfg, originally posted here
- stabby stabby - for the original spy zoom script, which I ended up just rewriting
- Dr. Device - for the auto-disguise script for spy
- CupOfTea/Rythyrix - for a bind that activates uber ASAP on medic
- NiteCyper - for the panic button, a bind that spins you real fast
- Chris Down - for his medic config which I have determined is the earliest example of the "medic radar"
- Nem - for GCFScape (Download), which helps reveal files hidden away in TF2's .vpk package files
- Duppy - for making the original cfg syntax highlighting that I use for Sublime Text, mirrored here
If you use anything mine here and post it elsewhere, a simple link to this repo (https://github.com/unsmell/tf2-custom) is enough credit.