Welcome to the Talkingpapers Wiki.
Please see Robert’s post
First Draft Release Plan
1. Blog post describing the project, project repository, initial draft of use cases, list of iterations
2. HTML/CSS design of initial forms-builder interface
3. Form Creator web application (database, script)
4. Paper Form Generator that emits text entry/OCR friendly printable form
5. Paper Form Generator that contains 2-D schema bar code (header/footer) and machine-readable field labels
6. Paper Form Reader that OCRs the form and deserializes the schema
7. HTML/CSS design of online Data Massage interface (tabular data + attached scan + OCR confidence scores, potential validation errors)
8. Data Massage web application with CRUD support, merge with schema, validation.
9. Data Massage web application with adapters to publish into Sahana, Freebase, GeoCommons.
10. End-to-end week-long field test involving hundreds of forms with substantial schema evolution.
The mock-up below is based on the excellent work that Sahana has been doing to allow generation of OCR-friendly forms for field data collection. In this example, I’ve used their Missing Person form as a starting point. Additions are in red.
Last edited by unthinkingly,