urllib3 is a powerful, sanity-friendly HTTP client for Python. Much of the Python ecosystem already uses urllib3 and you should too. urllib3 brings many critical features that are missing from the Python standard libraries:
- Thread safety.
- Connection pooling.
- Client-side SSL/TLS verification.
- File uploads with multipart encoding.
- Helpers for retrying requests and dealing with HTTP redirects.
- Support for gzip, deflate, and brotli encoding.
- Proxy support for HTTP and SOCKS.
- 100% test coverage.
urllib3 is powerful and easy to use:
>>> import urllib3 >>> http = urllib3.PoolManager() >>> r = http.request('GET', 'http://httpbin.org/robots.txt') >>> r.status 200 >>> r.data 'User-agent: *\nDisallow: /deny\n'
urllib3 can be installed with pip:
$ pip install urllib3
Alternatively, you can grab the latest source code from GitHub:
$ git clone git://github.com/urllib3/urllib3.git $ python setup.py install
urllib3 has usage and reference documentation at urllib3.readthedocs.io.
urllib3 happily accepts contributions. Please see our contributing documentation for some tips on getting started.
To report a security vulnerability, please use the Tidelift security contact. Tidelift will coordinate the fix and disclosure with maintainers.
- @sethmlarson (Seth M. Larson)
- @pquentin (Quentin Pradet)
- @theacodes (Thea Flowers)
- @haikuginger (Jess Shapiro)
- @lukasa (Cory Benfield)
- @sigmavirus24 (Ian Stapleton Cordasco)
- @shazow (Andrey Petrov)
|Professional support for urllib3 is available as part of the Tidelift Subscription. Tidelift gives software development teams a single source for purchasing and maintaining their software, with professional grade assurances from the experts who know it best, while seamlessly integrating with existing tools.|
If your company benefits from this library, please consider sponsoring its development.