If you simply want to show that you like this project, or want to remember it for later, you should star, not fork, this repository. Forking is only for when you are ready to create your own copy of the code to work on.
Copyright (c) 2017, free to use in personal and commercial software as per the license.
Please see our installation guide.
If you are having trouble installing UserFrosting, please join us in chat.
If you are generally confused about the structure and layout of the code, or it doesn't look like the kind of PHP code that you're used to, please start from the beginning.
UserFrosting seeks to balance modern programming principles, like DRY and MVC, with a shallow learning curve for new developers. Our goals are to:
- Create a fully-functioning user management script that can be set up in just a few minutes
- Make it easy for users to quickly adapt the code for their needs
- Introduce novice developers to best practices such as separation of concerns and DRY programming
- Introduce novice developers to modern constructs such as front-end controllers, RESTful URLs, namespacing, and object-oriented modeling
- Build on existing, widely used server- and client-side components
- Clean, consistent, and well-documented code
About the Developers
Alex is the founder and co-owner of two companies, one that does math tutoring at IU in Bloomington, IN and another company that does math tutoring at UMD in College Park, MD. He is also a PhD student in the School of Informatics and Computing at Indiana University.
Mike's a programmer and IT specialist for a small business in NH, and works on open source projects when he's not camping or traveling.
Louis's a civil engineer who also has a passion for coding. He is one of the main contributors for SimpsonsCity.com and like to share is knowledge by helping other the same way he was helped when he first started coding.