6. Managing Data in your deployment
A post is a report of a single instance of something in the deployment. It can be made up of many fields, such as Title, Description, Date, Links, and/or location. Ushahidi allows for collection of posts via
- SMS: These can be configured to come in via SMSSync, FrontlineSMS, Nexmo and Twilio.
- Twitter: You can pull our tweets based on specific hashtags, search terms, and/or directly from specific accounts.
- Email: You can configure your deployment to receive post from an email address
NB: You can configure SMS, Twitter and Email as data sources as described in ****Section 3.4 ****of this manual
- Web(your deployment page online): Since Ushahidi is responsive, you can add a post from the web app from any device that can access the internet (a computer, tablet, or mobile phone).
- Smartphone apps: Our native applications on Android and iOS are still a work in progress at the moment.
This chapter will describe how to manage data coming in from these different sources