Pre-work - Tipi
Tipi is a tip calculator application for iOS.
Submitted by: Usman Ajmal
Time spent: 8 hours spent in total (while some serious people-watching at coffee-shop)
The following required functionality is complete:
- User can enter a bill amount, choose a tip percentage, and see the tip and total values.
- Settings page to change the default tip percentage.
The following optional features are implemented:
- UI animations
- Remembering the bill amount across app restarts (if <10mins)
- Making sure the keyboard is always visible and the bill amount is always the first responder. This way the user doesn't have to tap anywhere to use this app. Just launch the app and start typing.
- The Tip calculator has a very primitive UI. Feel free to play with colors, layout, or even modify the UI to improve it.
- Using locale-specific currency and currency thousands separators.
- Add a light/dark color theme
The following additional features are implemented:
- Feature for splitting the total amount between 2,3 and 4 people
Here's a walkthrough of implemented user stories:
GIF created with LiceCap.
- I wasn't able to use NSDate. Used NSTimer for the timer functionality
- Had trouble with solving a warning related to usage of #selector instead of creatin a new selector but figured it out finally.
- Had trouble sometimes with navigating between files in Xcode sometimes
- Couldn't define static array for tip percentages
Copyright  [Usman Ajmal] Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0 Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.