MIDI controller to Philips Hue lights
This is a proof of concept that hooks up a MIDI controller (Behringer BCD3000) to a set of Philips Hue lights.
All controls from deck A:
- PLAY > turns on the lights and sets default colour
- LOW, MID and HIGH > changes hue colour of each bulb
- LOW, MID and HIGH CUTS > toggle on/off each light
- CUE > party mode!
- SCRATCH > turns of all the lights
This is a rough description of how it works:
- If there is only one MIDI controller, select it, otherwise ask the user
- Connect to the Hue hub and set the initial state and colour (requires hub IP address and API key)
- Enters a loop picking up what happens on the controller
- If we have an action "mapped", we act on it, otherwise ignore
Requires unimidi (as a gem) and RubyHue (attached with minor modifications).
Read more about it on the ustwo blog: