This is the Resource portal for the VirtX Community of Practice at the University of Sydney. Here we will try to maintain an updated list of free usable resources for classroom VR, MR and AR projects.
Information and publications
Startups Curently being Incubated and supported by VirtX.
- Denouement : A VR startup targeting corporate education on LGBT issues in the workplace.
- Unbound Laboratories : A VR simulation platofrm for Wet lab simulations in an immersive and interactive environment.
- An as yet un-named startup specialising in holographic warehouse solutions (in collaboration with Swiss Log).
Videos tutorials and guides
- Getting started with Unity
- Creating your first Google Cardboard/Daydream app
- Creating your first AR app with Vuforia
- Creating your first Oculus Go app
Libraries for Web development in XR
- Kaleidoscope.js is a lightweight embeddable 360 Video or imagery library for webpages. It is in use on the VirtX homepage as well as in the TechLab venues prototype
- A-Frame a web framework for building virtual reality experiences with the Vive, Rift, Daydream, GearVR and Desktop.
- Vuforia an AR framework for multi-platform devices (Desktop, Mobile, VR Headsets etc).