A music editor for TI graphing calculators
HoustonTracker 2 is a software sequencer that enables you to create music on Texas Instruments graphing calculators. It uses the machines' communication port to output multi-channel 1-bit music. Its interface is inspired by popular trackers such as LSDJ, Famitracker, and Milkytracker.
HT2 supports several models of the Z80-based line of TI calculators. It is mainly targeted at older, obsolete models like the TI-82, but also works on TI-83, TI-83Plus/SE, and TI-84Plus/SE.
More information and online documentation can be found at http://irrlichtproject.de/houston
Note that the online documentation applies to the stable version of HT2, for the beta version refer to the manual in the /docs folder in source.
- 3 tone channels
- 1 non-interrupting drum channel
- up to 128 note patterns
- up to 64 drum/fx patterns
- sequence length up to 255 pattern rows
- 16-bit frequency precision
- 8-bit speed precision, can be configured per step
- various effects, including:
- L/C/R stereo hard-panning for tone and drum channels
- 8-bit duty cycle control
- duty cycle sweep
- 2 user definable samples
- up to 8 savestates
- edit during playback