Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 31 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
This is a list of features or work items for the Reko decompiler. The tasks are divided into categories
- Short term work items: these are being worked on right now.
- Medium term work items: items that developers can start working on
- Long term work items: items that are not high priority right now, but may be later.
The reko codebase is also generously scattered with
//$TODO comments, where improvements need to be done but haven't received a format work item yet.
Short term work items
- AmigaOS platform designer user interface [@nemerle]
Medium term work items
- Rewrite SSA to use the new algorithm that doesn't require calculating the dominator tree and incorporate aliased register analysis [@uxmal -
- Use SSA to discover the ''MODIFIES'' set of trashed registers for each procedure.
- Fix the
TypedExpressionRewriterto handle arrays of segmented pointers.
- Finish the implementation of heuristic scanning. This involves
- incorporating the results of heuristic scanning into the main scanner
- indicating speculatively scanned blocks and data in the image map viewer
- provide user control over what speculative blocks should be considered correct
- Make the Scanner smarter about propagating values when it is discovering code. In particular, if constants are propagated into a procedure parameter whose signature is
(ptr (function ...)), it should realize the constant is a pointer to executable code, and add that pointer to its scanning queue.
Less central, but nice to have items
- Make the resource editor better so Menus and Dialog resources can be viewed in a reasonable way
- Make the resource editor support other resource formats than Win16 (MacOS classic and Win32 would be the first ones on this list) - #64
Long term work items
- Moar processors architectures, moar platforms!