- Issues relating to path handling is fixed
- RomFS support is added to allow building a game into a single NRO file
- Patch set against Ren'Py has been reduced
- Save data path is fixed to
- Logs path is fixed to
- Python modules not needed for operation of Ren'Py are removed from the distribution
renpy-switch-the-question-v1.1.nro can be run on your Nintendo Switch for a sample visual novel entitled "The Question."
renpy-switch-sdk-v1.1.7z contains the files needed to build your own game.
Basic steps for creating a RomFS image:
Contentssubdirectory of the root of the RomFS image
switch-toolspackage to create a NACP file with the name of the application, the author, and the version.
switch-toolspackage to create a NRO file with the path to the ELF file, and with the
--romfsdir=argument, the path to the
Contentsdirectory (not the
If you do not want to create a RomFS image, the old way of placing
game in the same directory as
renpy-switch.nro still works.
renpy-switch-extra-libraries-v1.1.7z contains extra Python standard libraries if you are using those that are not included in Ren'Py.