A Game for Minetest
Forked by v-rob.
Download and Install:
Download here: https://github.com/v-rob/voxelgarden/archive/master.zip
Unzip the archive and place the folder in your Minetest installation: minetest/games/voxelgarden.
All mapgens are supported except for v6, which is only partly supported. Ironically, that's a full turnaround from the old Voxelgarden. :)
To get started, make a world and do whatever you want. You get a free stone pickaxe at the beginning along with a crafting guide.
After that, do what you want. But mainly, have fun!
Obviously, this is a lot different than both MT Game and Voxelgarden. The main differences are:
- Magic and experience system. This has very little using it, and I plan to add more in the future.
- Primitive tools. Only stone and wood tools exist.
- No bones. When you die, you keep all your stuff and don't mar your beautiful world with dead bodies.
- Items drop after you dig a node. Walk over them or punch them to pick them up.
- No fire or TNT. They're just annoying and the ramifications outweigh the benefits.
- Hudbars. These look better than normal hearts, in my opinion. Plus, you can tell how much health, experience, and mana you have easily, because mana and experience change every time you level up.
- A crafting guide. It's a book that you get for free at the beginning of the game. It looks somewhat like your creative inventory.
- Furniture. There are quite a few pieces of wooden furniture, as well as a bartering table (From the currency mod)
- Weather. Light, medium, and heavy rain, as well as snow and a new type of weather called motes. Note: Lightning doesn't set things on fire because there is no fire. Warning! This uses more entities than other weather mods to compensate for running and can slow down your computer a lot. You may want to delete it totally on older/slower systems. It won't affect the game if you do so.
Beside these, I've made quite a few updates to Voxelgarden. It had many outdated things, such as the old inventory, bad crafting guide, and the old screwdriver. Farming didn't even work. I also replaced stairsplus with the normal default stairs. Boats didn't exist, and beds needed updating.
There are more smaller changes, but I'm not going to name them all. It would take too long.
Issues use the system of:
bugs >> cleanups >> features >> nice to haves
Which means bugs are done first, then cleanups, than features, than the things nice to have. Every issue should be labeled with one of those.
Bigger additions should work as a mod on their own. This allows easier testing, benefits a modular design and ensure that they can still be used as a mod if the feature does not get merged.
I would like to thank:
- Casimir, for making the original Voxelgarden;
- Wuzzy, for the Mana, Mirror of Returning, Teletool, Schemedit, and Hudbars mods and for his prompting other people to have crafting guides in their games, or else I wouldn't have one;
- JP, for making the crafting guide I edited for this game;
- Nathan.S, for the autostore mod;
- VanessaE for the furniture nodeboxes from HomeDecor;
- jordan4ibanez for the drops mod;
- The author of the currency mod, whoever it may be (The forum link is down), for the bartering table;
- Sokomine, for the furniture shelf nodebox and formspec;
- The collection of people working on Minetest Game because this game wouldn't exist without them;
- xeranas, for the weather_pack mod;
- sofar, for the lightning mod;
- D00MED, for the idea of motes from Legend of Minetest and the textures, as well as the fruit mod;
- Duane, for the cherry leaves textures from squaresville_c;
- celeron55, the core developers, and contributors to Minetest because this wouldn't exist without them either;
- And anyone else I forgot to mention that did or made something that indirectly helped this game to exist.
License of source code:
This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU Lesser General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2.1 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.