Module that contains functions that allow you to manage working with 'Work Log' markdown files
I created this module to quickly give me the ability to do basic file management for the markdown files I use for daily Work Logs, including getting the status/patch of the current Work Log file, creating a new Work Log file and adding new entries to the current Work Log file.
- Clone, Fork or download the .zip of the master source code
- To download, you can copy/paste this into a PowerShell console, and it will download the module into your
- If you download the source:
- Un-Block the .zip before un-zipping
- Un-zip the source code
- Move the 'WorkLog' directory into a valid PSModulePath directory
- You can run the following, in PowerShell, to list valid directories:
$ENV:PSModulePath -split ';'
- Open PowerShell and run:
- Note: You may need to adjust your ExecutionPolicy
- Make sure you update the $Path variables in each function. The default path location is:
Add-WorkLog 'This message will get added to the current Work Log file. If one does not exist, the file will be created'
You can use the
-Indent parameter to support a hierarchy within your Work Log files
Add-WorkLog 'This message will indent one level, and appear as a bullet under the previous post' -Indent 1
Note: When using
-Indent, you may need to use
Get-WorkLog if you don't remember what the current nesting level is.
This function uses
Get-Content to display what the current Work Log file contents are, within the PowerShell console