Audio Style Transfer
This is an implementation of artistic style transfer algorithm for audio, which uses convolutions with random weights to represent audio features.
- python (tested with 2.7)
- Theano with Lasagne (installation instructions)
pip install librosa
- numpy and matplotlib
The easiest way to install python is to use Anaconda.
How to run
audio_style_transfer.ipynbin Jupyter notebook.
- In case you want to use your own audio files as inputs, first cut them to 10s length with:
ffmpeg -i yourfile.mp3 -ss 00:00:00 -t 10 yourfile_10s.mp3
STYLE_FILENAMEin the third cell of Jupyter notebook to your input files.
- Run all cells.
The most frequent problem is domination of either content or style in the output. To fight this problem, adjust
ALPHA parameter. Larger
ALPHA means more content in the output, and
ALPHA=0 means no content, which reduces stylization to texture generation. Example output
outputs/imperial_usa.wav, the result of mixing content of imperial march from star wars with style of U.S. National Anthem, was obtained with default value
- Original paper on style transfer: A Neural Algorithm of Artistic Style
- Style transfer implementation in lasagne recipes
- Publications on texture generation with random convolutions:
- Extreme Style Machines
- Texture Synthesis Using Shallow Convolutional Networks with Random Filters
- A Powerful Generative Model Using Random Weights for the Deep Image Representation