I have managed to work a bit on Cumulus, have been working on refactoring the code a bit because it was turning into one big pile of "mom's spaghetti".
- Positioning support for location search, it automatically searches for your location when you want to add a new location.
- Positioning support for automatic location, opt-in if you want the application to detect your location and update the weather based of your actual position.
*These 2 are tied to services based on platform, it uses GeoClue on Linux, if it isn't installed it won't find your location.
- Multiple locations can be saved from inside the application.
- AppImage package "Start on login" support, enabling the option from an AppImage should correctly detect the package's location and add it to ~/.config/autostart
- Layout of forecast from Left -> Right, to Top -> Bottom.
- Whole lot of refactoring which can be seen in the commit logs.
Both offline and online installers for 64 bit Linux distributions can be found at the releases page.
For any feedback you can mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org, please add the following subject so I can save them into a special category: Cumulus - Feedback. Thanks!
Full port Qt/Qml is here!
Simple weather application, powered by:
- colors selectors for background and text with alpha channel, knock yourselves up ^^
- tray icon, with aditional data to be added on menu :)
- qt installer, without root installation to allow future updates fast without breaking on upgrade
- AppImage for those who want the application in a portable fashion
- possbility for multiple instances with different settings and locations
For multiple instances:
make a new shell script with the following content updated for Cumulus installation path
<path-to-cumulus-executable> -i <whatever-you-want> Example: /home/user/Cumulus/Cumulus -i NewInstance
make the shell script executable
In case you want to build it yourself:
- recommended Qt version: 5.9
- Daryl Bennett
- Archisman Panigrahi
- Erik Flowers for his weather icons, which sadly has discontinued support for them
- People working on linuxdeployqt and AppImage
- Yahoo search might not work on non-Ubuntu distros, depends on ssl library used in the system
- AppImage seems highly unstable on Deepin Linux, might also be the case for other distros.
- Code refactoring
- Add possibility for translations
- Improve UI
- Rename application
- Support for custom API keys, for OpenWeatherMap and Weather Underground
- Snap package
- Ubuntu Touch support